macOS > Multiple Monitors > 1Password Refuses Focus until Restart

ossiejhmoore
ossiejhmoore
Community Member

Occasionally, maybe once a week or so, 1Password windows refuse focus. I cannot recreate the behavior "on demand". The behavior is as follows:

• Assume I have been working for a good long while and that I have lots of apps and windows open.
  • Assume I have used the "Open Item in New Window" feature to have one or more entries open on my secondary monitor. Or that the 1Password main application window is open on the secondary monitor.
  • I am on my main monitor doing some task and have an application focused.
  • I need a value from one of those 1Password entries open on the secondary window.
  • Normally, I can click on the 1Password entry to focus it then click on the data to copy what I need. However, occasionally, 1 password will refuse to focus on that initial click and will (bizarrely) move all the way to the background behind all windows.
  • When this happens, even if I minimize/close/move all other windows and the 1Password windows are the only thing visible, the app will refuse focus and "blink".
  • At this point, even if I open the main 1Password app (if it is not already visible) all 1Password windows will refuse focus.
  • The only way to fix this once it happens is to kill 1Password completely and restart 1Password.

@Community - Anyone else seeing this occasional behavior?
@1Password - Is there a fix for this?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Current versions
OS Version: macOS 12.x, 13.x
Browser:_ All (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge)

Comments

• Hello @ossiejhmoore! 👋

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue and I'm sorry that it's affecting your workflow. I can confirm that we're aware of this issue and that our developers are investigating. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware. Hopefully we can get this fixed with a future update. For now, closing and reopening 1Password will get the app back into a good state (as you mentioned). I'm sorry for the frustration that the bug has caused.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13788
    ref: dev/core/core#17822

This discussion has been closed.