SSO Keeps Prompting to Login (caskers.com)

I've been trying the new SSO login feature of 1Password (Chrome browser ext) and, for the most part, it works well. However, today at caskers.com, each page I go to I get the 1Password prompt to login. Is there something I can do to fix this?

1Password Version: 8.98
Extension Version: 4.7.9.90
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:sso

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bamoroso I took a look at caskers.com but I did not experience any issues with the SSO login feature. Just to check, are you indeed using the classic extension (4.7.9.90)? If you open chrome://extensions, do you only see that extension and not the new one 1Password - Password Manager there?

Additionally, could you share a screenshot of the issue on caskers.com with us? Since it happens on multiple pages, I'd like to see at least two screenshots so that I can check on everything.

You can mask or remove any sensitive details from the screenshots. No need to include your password or anything like that. Lastly, attach the screenshots to your reply and send them over!

• bamoroso
    bamoroso
    Community Member

In looking at the extensions, I have 2: 1Password extension (4.7.5.90) and 1Password - Password Manager 2.50! Should I remove the 1st one (4.7.5.90)?

• Hey @bamoroso,

1Password (4.7.5.90) is indeed the older Classic version of our browser extension so we would recommend removing this one and just keeping 1Password - Password Manager (2.5.0).

I hope this helps!

• joeydriessen
    joeydriessen
    Community Member

I have a simular problem but with the Azure portal. Whenever I open the page it auto logs me in but it still prompts me the following:

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @joeydriessen sorry for the interruption to your workflow. To turn off the suggestions to save SSO logins, you can follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Autofill.
    3. Disable "offer to save new provider sign-in's".

Here's what that would look like: https://share.cleanshot.com/HNYpGz

I hope that helps!

• Mike3891419
    Mike3891419
    Community Member

@Joy_1P I am facing the same issue on the Azure portal. First it kept prompting me to continually save a login linked to my Microsoft account and then once I did save it, it is constantly prompting me to sign in as @joeydriessen is facing.

Thank you for the suggestion to disable the "offer to save new provider sign-in's" feature, which did stop the constant sign in prompts for me. However, I hope this is not the long-term fix as I do find it useful for other sites. Are there plans to have a way to keep the feature on, but only have it prompt on an actual login page? Or maybe a block list that disables the feature on specific domains that users are having an issue with?

• joeydriessen
    joeydriessen
    Community Member

Thanks @Joy_1P thanks for the workaround but hoping for a permanent fix that all sites should work like @Mike3891419 explained :)
    Very handy function for all the other sites.

• Hey @Mike3891419, @joeydriessen,

You're right in that disabling the feature altogether is not a long term solution. We have an open feature request to disable the 'sign in with' prompt on specific sites so I will add your votes.

Thank you for your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-2332

This discussion has been closed.