Can I set the default vault?

gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

1Password for the Mac is currently assuming that my Private vault is the default vault. In the reconstructed app I can find no way to change this behavior and I thought early versions permitted it (& thought I had changed it years ago, could be wrong). The help menu now only includes help in the form of Whats New and Getting Started but no additional help. If this is present it is hidden. Any help?

Also, a side request. This form understandably asks for the versions of 1Password, the extension, MacOS and the name of the browser. I never know the 1PW versions (even though I submitted a request last night). Could the 1Password app include something to capture this information for us with a single button click? Perhaps in the About 1Password window? Since this information helps you it might be nice if you help us collect it for you.

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited December 2022

Hi @gct3o, 👋🏻

Thanks for your feedback! Default vaults recently made it to our beta release: 1Password for Mac Beta Releases

If you're interested in trying it out now, you can switch your release channel in 1Password 8's preferences:

This will change your release channel once the next beta is available. Alternatively, I recommend turning on automatic updates so you have access to it as soon as it reaches the production builds.

Regarding the version number, it is possible to copy this information from the About page. When hovering over the information you should see it highlighted along with a copy icon on the right:

I can certainly understand the benefit in making this more visible though, or perhaps adding some more instruction to the forum where that information is requested. I'll share this with the rest of the team, thanks for surfacing it!

Let me know if you have any questions and if you end up trying the beta release, we'd love your feedback about default vaults. 🙂

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#3659

This discussion has been closed.