Chrome browser extension cannot fill password and mfa token in Discord mfa activation

Tertius3
Tertius3
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I just tried to activate mfa for my Discord account in the Discord web site (not standalone app).
Works, but 1Password isn't able to fill password & mfa code into website input fields!

I started the process within the Discord web page as documented. Discord will ask for my password. The 1Password icon is shown in the input field, and I can choose my Discord account to autofill, but the input field stays blank. I need to fill the field manually.

The same with the mfa code field. After I successfully scanned the QR code with the 1Password desktop app, I need to enter one mfa code in Discord. Again, I can click on the 1Password icon in the input field and choose my account, but the input field stays blank instead of autofill. I need to fill this field manually as well.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.10 (80910041)
Extension Version: Version 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Tertius3, sorry to hear about the trouble. It seems like you're using the beta version of the extension, which is what I have. I tested things out on the Discord website though and the pw + TOTP fills normally for me. What version of Chrome do you have? If you manually save a new login for the site (without the TOTP), are you able to get the password field to fill?

Here's how to manually save a login: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Please let us know how that goes.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

I'm using Chrome Version 108.0.5359.95 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit).
    The issue is not the simple login to Discord. This is working fine.

It's if you, after logging in to Discord, go to the properties of your Discord account and add mfa authentication on your account that has not any mfa yet. It's these steps: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/219576828-Setting-up-Two-Factor-Authentication
    Discord is asking your password again and this is what I mean, and it's the Confirmation token I have to enter during this process that isn't autofilled. To reproduce, you need to remove any mfa from your Discord account and add it again.

• Hey @Tertius3,

Thank you for clarifying this, I'm sorry for the trouble.

You are right, 1Password is having a hard time filling that password field. I have filed an issue with our development team to see if we can improve the behaviour in a future update.

Let us know if you have any questions!

ref: dev/core/core#1088

This discussion has been closed.