I'm looking for the best method for backing up the data in my vault for version 7.9.6?

rgevans871
rgevans871
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Macbook Air, M1 2020 and I'm wondering what is recommended as the best method to backup my vault data. I've been running Time Machine on an external disk in addition to SuperDuper for Mac, but I've never had occasion to use either of these to actually recover any data. One of my computer club members has recommended Carbon Copy Cloner. I'm considering upgrading to 1Password version 8, but have read some posts of members of the community that wishes they still had version 7 and it does all I need, but I'm a little uneasy with losing my data if I have my Macbook crash. That would be a real inconvenience.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:How to backup my stand alone vault data?

Comments

• Hi @rgevans871

Because you're using Time Machine to back up, Time Machine will already be backing up your 1Password data, unless it's been specifically excluded in Time Machine's settings. If you ever needed to restore your Mac from that backup, your 1Password data would be restored back to the correct location automatically, just like any other folder or file on disk. Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member

An earlier response from a team member recommended not using Time Machine for my vault backup. How about iCloud? Can you give me instructions on how to do the backup with iCloud?

This discussion has been closed.