How do you keep a Large Type window on the screen?

LSS
LSS
Community Member

In 1P 7, when I selected SHOW IN LARGE TYPE I would get a floating window. If I clicked back to the place that I was logging into, the floating window would close -- BUT -- if I moved the floating window a little bit and then clicked back to the browser the floating window would stay there. This was not terribly intuitive, but served my purpose. There are sites such as TreasuryDirect.gov that don't allow passwords to be pasted (you actually have to click on each letter on keyboard on the screen). Now that I have upgraded to 1P 8 there doesn't seem to be any way to keep the password on the screen (and the large matrix with the password is more difficult to read than the linear display in 1P 7).

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Show in large type

Comments

• Hi @LSS,

Sorry to hear the large type window isn't behaving as expected. To confirm, are you opening it via the option in the 1Password 8 Mac app?

The large type window can also be resized but I'm happy to share feedback with the rest of the team if there are other factors contributing to its readability.

Let me know what you find and we'll determine our next steps from there. 🙂

• LSS
    LSS
    Community Member

Hi Andrew, I believe that I was doing it through the browser extension. If I do it through 1Password directly things seem to work as they used to. Thanks.

• Appreciate the quick clarification, @LSS! We're tracking requests to change this behaviour in the browser extension, so I'll add your voice to that. In the meantime, the app is a safe bet.

Thanks for sharing your use case and I apologize for any inconvenience caused thus far. Let me know if I can help with anything else. 😊

ref: IDEA-I-651

This discussion has been closed.