after activate 2fa ... annoying windows pop-up AND auto-repetitive browser Taps open every second

Options
RainerH
RainerH
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Windows

While trying to activate 2fa via iphone, I realised this is only possible via desktop.
After 2fa enabled (via desktop) and working on all devices, BUT soon as I now launch 1P on desktop, a window-popup (see attached) would pop-up [[Authentication Required. Sign in to your 1P acc to continue]] despite the desktop 1P program showing all my data … this pop-up would popup every 10seconds after closing it. (not sure if this popup is Windows related or 1P)

AND BUT then, my other (not default) browser Firefox mysteriously auto-opens a new Tab every second with the 1Password.com login webpage …. and this (a new Tab opens) happens every second until I force close 1Password program/app/software; ... and having to close those 30-60 tabs later.

Have ccleaner my desktop Registry, rebooted many times etc. etc. … but are bewildered as a 35yr long Windows user as to why this strange behaviour is occurring every time I launch the 1P program. … btw. the desktop program was running without any problems before activating the 1Password 2fa.

Can you please assist? ………..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• RainerH
    RainerH
    Community Member
    Options

While trying to activate 2fa via iphone, I realised this is only possible via desktop.
    After 2fa enabled (via desktop) and working on all devices, BUT soon as I now launch 1P on desktop, a window-popup (see attached) would pop-up [[Authentication Required. Sign in to your 1P acc to continue]] despite the desktop 1P program showing all my data … this pop-up would popup every 10seconds after closing it. (not sure if this popup is Windows related or 1P)

AND BUT then, my other (not default) browser Firefox mysteriously auto-opens a new Tab every second with the 1Password.com login webpage …. and this (a new Tab opens) happens every second until I force close 1Password program/app/software; ... and having to close those 30-60 tabs later.

Have ccleaner my desktop Registry, rebooted many times etc. etc. … but are bewildered as a 35yr long Windows user as to why this strange behaviour is occurring every time I launch the 1P program. … btw. the desktop program was running without any problems before activating the 1Password 2fa.

Can you please assist? ………..

1Password Version: latest
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: windows 10
    Browser:_ using most all of them

This discussion has been closed.