Focus is persistently switched to 1Password on Mac

davemoz
davemoz
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

Since updating to the latest version, the 1Password application keeps starting itself up(the dot underneath the icon keeps coming back) as soon as I click in a window on a different screen than the one I closed(not quit) the main 1Password window and the dot under the icon goes away. Previously, this would just close the application window, but keep 1Password running and unlocked. I recently enabled Accessibility access to 1Password, as it had requested, and it seems as though 1Password is now abusing this permission by taking focus every chance it can. It's extremely frustrating because focus is constantly pulled away from the window I'm in, even if I'm actively typing in that window. Previous versions were working excellent; this has only started happened in the very latest.

The menu icon has also stopped bringing up the Quick Access—the one I have selected in settings to show when clicking this icon. I have to right-click, choose Preferences, and then both the Quick Access shows, and then the Preferences window on top of the Quick Access. Again, the previous version worked perfectly.

And one more bug in this version, but for the browser extension: Clicking the browser icon now says "Loading" for several seconds before asking for a password. This happens every time, instead of previously loading much faster, and only asking for the password after the time period I have in settings.

EDIT: Quitting 1Password, and then clicking on the browser extension icon seems to start the 1Password application, and the above issues no longer happen. Not sure what was causing them in the first place, but seems okay now :/

1Password Version: 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: 12.6.1 (21G217)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022

@davemoz

I think you might be experiencing a known issue. Hopefully, not and it's a one off. If the trouble returns please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. My colleagues there will hopefully be able to help.

This discussion has been closed.