1pw no longer populating user or password in Safari and now Firefox

I noticed this problem first in Safari and today in Firefox. I open the browser, make sure that I have authenticated for 1pw, open the daily set of web sites, and 1pw does not bring up the uid nor pwd. The only way it seems to work is if I open a website from 1pw, e.g., "open & fill."

Firefox version of extension is 2.5

Further, if I am asked to update the extension versions, is there a reason that they've not auto-updated?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1pw no longer populating user or password in Safari and now Firefox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cvadmin, I'm sorry about what you're seeing with 1Password in the browser. The extension should update automatically. However, it does typically require you to restart your browser. If you haven't closed and reopened your browser for a while, then you may get a prompt to update the extension by doing so.

It is strange that you are unable to fill your logins in Safari or Firefox. Let's look at 1Password in Safari first. Do you see the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar? If so, what happens when you click on it? What steps do you typically use to fill your logins? Do you use a keyboard shortcut to do that?

• cvadmin
    cvadmin
    Community Member

Joy_1P, The good news is that both Safari and Firefox have resumed populating passwords for 1P sometime yesterday. On 1P extensions, both Safari and Firefox were showing up even when the uid/pwds were not populating. Even when manually calling up the extension, it would still not populate the fields. I generally quit browsers and restart them every day as much of the information being accessed is on financial sites. Unfortunately, I do not understand what might have changed between the extensions working and not working, so I cannot replicate the issue.

On the steps used, I generally open web pages from a private browsing session. These are opened via saved tabs in each browser. I then go to each tab and log in as required by each site. This process to be quick needs 1P to be responsive, so it was a glaring problem. If it occurs again, I'll see if I can replicate it. I do know that Macos was up to date, and I also checked the extension versions and they did not update from the 2.4.1 (safari) or the 2.5 (firefox).

Thank you,
    John

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@cvadmin I'm glad to hear that things are working now! If you run into the issue again, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.