After upgrade from v7 to v8, I now have two vaults..what to do>

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member

I just upgraded from 7 to 8. I went through all the steps correctly (I think). Now when I open 8 on my devices (iPhone, iPad and Windows 10 PC) I see two vaults - one is called Personal and one is called 1PasswordOLD (the name of my standalone vault in v7). There is nothing to tell me how many items are in each vault so I can compare what's in both (or at least I can't find where the number of items in each vaults is listed). How can I tell? Is there a compare vaults tool (like a duplicate photo tool) somewhere to make sure I am not deleting something that is in one vault and not the other?

I have no idea what to do with these two vaults. It's all pretty confusing to this v8 newbie.

Thanks for any thoughts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Gator5000e,

Thanks for your message and using 1Password 8. I'm sorry for the troubles you've been encountering.

We do not have a duplicate detection tool in 1Password, but you should be able to see the number of items in a vault by selecting the vault in the left sidebar and scrolling to the bottom of the item list.

With regard to sorting out that extra vault, I'd like to ask you to email our support team at support+forum@1password.com for further assistance.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.