I downloaded the latest version of 1Password and it no longer fills in my username and password

kburles
kburles
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The new version works on my iPhone but not on my Mac

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC 12.6.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:why does the newest version not provide my usernames and passwords?

Comments

• Hi @kburles 👋

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble filling your login into apps on your Mac. As a first step, can you make sure that you’re using the latest version of 1Password 8 for Mac:

Older versions of 1Password don’t include the ability to fill logins into other Mac apps.

Once 1Password 8 is updated, or if you were already using the latest version, I’d like you to make sure that you’ve enabled Universal Autofill by giving the 1Password app the Accessibility permission in macOS: https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill/#set-up-universal-autofill

Then open the app that you’d like to fill into and press Command-Backslash () on your keyboard.

If you’re still unable to fill your login then can you tell me if you're unable to fill your logins into a specific Mac app but other apps work or a website?

Let me know if that helps or if you run into any issues. 🙂

• pklinesimon
    pklinesimon
    Community Member

Same issue. Using v.8 (Mac). I have the shortcut installed correctly in Chrome. Nevertheless, when the prompt comes up to select the password I want, it does not fill the fields in. 1Password 8 is vastly less useful and more cumbersome than its predecessor. Can I go back?

• Hi @pklinesimon

I'm sorry you're experiencing the same issue. I'd like to try and get this resolved this for you. Can you open your browser > copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: chrome://extensions/ > Press enter / Return. Do you see more than one version of 1Password installed? When you click Autofill is it from a grey icon in your browser toolbar or the blue 1Password icon?

Could you share with me what specifically isn't working for you about 1Password 8? I'd love to help with any issues you ran into and acquire any suggestions on how it could work better. The more detail we have regarding this, the more information we can give to the product team. I recommend continuing to use 1Password 8 because it'll receive new updates and features moving forward. 😊

• pklinesimon
    pklinesimon
    Community Member

Hi @KathleenY1P . Thanks for your response. There were indeed two extensions installed, and deleting the old one seems to have solved the problem of fields not being filled by the browser extension. In terms of feedback, one big downgrade from the previous version is no longer being able quickly access my saved items by clicking on the taskbar app icon at the top of the screen. Instead, I have to click "open quick access," which, ironically, is more cumbersome and less useful than the prior version.

Thanks again for your assistance.

• @pklinesimon That's great to hear that you're able to autofill with 1Password in the browser again! Thank you for the feedback about accessing your saved items. You can open the Quick Access menu by pressing Shift + Command (⌘) + Space (Mac) which might better suit your workflow. Let me know if you need any help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.