1Password forcing itself to the foreground - major bug in latest 1P (8.9.10) on Mac

esquared
esquared
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

I just upgraded to the latest 1P (8.9.10) on Mac and it's now continuously forcing itself into the foreground, and fails to fill any logins on any website in any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari).

What's the downgrade process to get back to a stable version, ASAP - this is completely unworkable in the current situation.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: macOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ all/any

Comments

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Here is an example video showing the behavior:

Note that the same behavior happens if I have the main 1Password window open instead of the settings window, which I used as a surrogate for privacy reasons only.

Other situations not captured in the video:
    - if I have 1Password open, but hidden, it will un-hide itself and move to the foreground.
    - 1Password will also pop to the top even if I am just typing into another window

All of this means I basically have to quit 1password entirely currently, making it utterly useless.

Someone needs to fix this ASAP. Any chance I can get some immediate help from support to revert to an earlier version?!

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

Another bug - I can't even Quit 1Password - I have to force-quit it the application!

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

I revisited this issue, and now that the next beta release, 8.9.11 (80911001), is out, the problem has gone away again. I'm surprised nobody else has seen this in the production channel.

For what it's worth, this was a very frustrating experience, and has done nothing to improve my already negative view of the feature-poor Electron based UI.

This discussion has been closed.