Some specific data in my financial and credit card folders has been erased from the mini ikon

Options
nancyjay
nancyjay
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

The data for bank accounts, credit cards and social security number have been erased from my mini ikon at the top of my laptop. The data for less important subjects are still in the mini ikon. Some, but not necessarily the same the data have been erased from the Main ikon and on my Browser ikon. What is going on? Why have I lost my financial data and not others and how do I sync the data with the different ikons? It is really scary that the data has been erased in some places and not others and that within some folders, not all the data is erased. The erasure is inconsistent. What to do and should I be concerned that someone has "stolen" the most important information in my 1password?

Just before discovering this problem I had been dealing with Adobe on a different problem that required that the technician have complete access with my laptop. (Macbook Pro). At one point he used Bomgar to work on the problem which he did fix, but I worry that in fixing one problem he created another or worse, somehow took the data. I have been in touch with Adobe and actually talked with a senior advisor who said that from what she could see in her review of the work done by their technician that it was not a problem created by Adobe. She suggested I contact 1Password. So here I am.

I hope you can help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• nancyjay
    nancyjay
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password 7. I have not figured out how to get the extension; OS version is: Ventura 13.0.1; Browser is Chrome

• Hi @nancyjay,

Sorry to hear you're not seeing all your data in 1Password, I understand how alarming that can be and am happy to help.

On the left side of the main app, do you see an option for "All Items"? If so, try clicking that and let me know if you see better results.

If you have a 1Password account, I also recommend checking if your items appear on 1Password.com.

Let me know what you find and we can determine our next steps from there. 🙂

• nancyjay
    nancyjay
    Community Member
    Options

HI Andrew, Thanks you for responding. I went to 1Password.com as you suggested and found what appears to be all my data, however the mini icon at the top of my laptop still has the data erased for the important folders. Why and what to do about it and did someone capture my data and now have access to the financial and social security information?

• nancyjay
    nancyjay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew,

Should I be worried that my critical data has been "stolen" since it was erased from the Laptop icon? what is going on?

• nancyjay
    nancyjay
    Community Member
    Options

Andrew,

I just looked at my 1Password account and it appears that when I access through 1Password.com almost all the information is erased. I still have the data on my laptop, however, I looked at my major 1Password ican and there are some data missing from it as well.

• @nancyjay

From the sound of things, it'll be better for us to help you by email, and not in a public forum. Here's what to do:

1. Please send an email to support+forum@1password.com.
    2. You'll get a reply containing a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123].
    3. Post that number here and I'll move your email to the right place.

Hope to hear from you soon.

• nancyjay
    nancyjay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey,

I sent an email to the support+forum@ipassword.com requesting a private conversation with you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Nancy

• @nancyjay

Since we have a direct line of communication going via email, let's continue it there. I will be closing this discussion in favor of the email conversation.

ref: RES-29484-549

This discussion has been closed.