Setting: Improved Autofill Suggestions - What does it mean?

I just installed the new beta build v2.6.1 in Firefox. The changelog points this out: Added some experimental algorithm changes for suggestions that can be toggled in settings.

So, in the settings, there is the new toggle Improved Autofill Suggestions. But what exactly does it mean, or should it do?

When enabled, I can see the following behavior on a website.

There are three logins suggested. But there are two matching logins available for this site only, as you can see here.

Disabling the setting in the extension corrects the suggestion, and now only the two matching logins are suggested.

Maybe this is a bug? That's why I wanted to ask what the setting should do.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.11 (80911001)
Extension Version: 1Password for Firefox 2.6.1
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Firefox 107.0.1

Comments

• @DenalB

The experimental feature is a work-in-progress change (potentially), so you may see some different results surface. It's set as an opt-in offering as it's still experimental and may not be the best at its job. Aka, the cake is still in the oven and baking type of situation. For those looking for less bleeding-edge type suggestions, off is likely the best option. If you want to give it a go, feel free. Let us know what you think.

The on setting lets you opt-in to try/test the new algorithm. Off would keep you using what you are familiar with and accustomed to.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ag_tommy !

I would love to test new features. But actually, I'm not sure what the benefit could be. As you see on my screenshots, 1Password suggests three logins, although there are only two available in 1Password. 🤔

• Is this item one that you created and now resides in your Archive? It may be it's also looking there. You may not get correct results. I would encourage you to write in and one of my colleagues on the extensions team can help in greater detail.

support+forum@1password.com

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Is this item one that you created and now resides in your Archive?

No. I'm using my Archive for Software Licenses, only. There are no logins in it.

I would encourage you to write in and one of my colleagues on the extensions team can help in greater detail.

I'll do so. Thanks!

• Thanks DenalB

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey again, @ag_tommy !

Here's the ticket id in your system:
    [#IGY-74529-617]

• Thanks DenalB

It's in the correct place. Someone from the extensions team should be in touch.

ref: IGY-74529-617

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@DenalB Thanks for posting this question and for at @ag_tommy for addressing, as I had the same question, why a login from archive would show up for an auto fill suggestion.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_tommy & @tomatoshadow2
    I only want to let you know that I got an answer from support:

The development team is aware of this issue and found a few bugs with this setting. We are currently working on a fix. For now, I recommend turning this setting off.

That's what I did. Now I'm looking forward to a fixed version of the extension. 😉

This discussion has been closed.