Stalled data movement v. 7 to v. 8 for Mac OS.

ColleenWI
ColleenWI
Community Member

After starting installation of 1Password 8 to upgrade 1Password 7, a screen showing "Waiting for data to be moved. Don't quit this app." appeared and has been visible for over 17 hours now. I assume this is not working! What do I do now? Is it safe to quit the installer?

1Password Version: Upgrading v. 7 to v. 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:password 8 move data stalled

Comments

• Hi there @ColleenWI

No, quitting the installer won't do any harm. Can you try the following and let me know if it helps?

1. Quit the 1Password installer – it won't damage anything.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    3. Check that you can see all the items you would expect.
    4. Leave 1Password 7's main window open.
    5. Run the 1Password 8 installer again while 1Password 7 is open.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• ColleenWI
    ColleenWI
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. I quit the installer, opened v. 7 and all seems OK. At this point, I think I will just stick with v. 7. I didn't realize what a big upgrade v. 8 was going to be until I read more. V. 7 works perfectly IMHO!

• @ColleenWI

Thank you for the reply. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can certainly continue to use 1Password 7 if you wish, I strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.