In Safari I have to log in on the menu bar and then on the Safari toolbar

Piper7
Piper7
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

On passwords for all my websites in 1Password I can't autofill when I log in from the dock, or the menu bar. When I click on the link for the website in 1Password hoping for it to autofill I get a message to press the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar to unlock. Then it works but that's two logins to 1Password. I don't have to go through this in Chrome or Firefox.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:In Safari I have to log in on the menu bar and then on the Safari toolbar

Comments

• Piper7
    Piper7
    Community Member

To clarify a little, when I sign in to 1Password from the dock or the menu bar and type in Zoom for example, I click in the "website" link. It opens in Safari since that's my default browser and it won't autofill. But then I have to click on the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar and log in again and then it autofills.

Not only that, If I first go to Safari and sign in to 1Password from there to avoid the two login process it comes up with a small 1Password screen so I can't see my tags etc. I don't see a way to enlarge the screen. If I log into 1Password from the dock or the menu bar I get the full screen like I always have but again, I can't autofill from there and have to log in again from the Safari toolbar. This lack of full screen problem also happens in Firefox and Chrome. I can't find a setting or green dot or whatever to get to the full screen.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @piper7, let's tackle the first issue you wrote in about before going on to the next one.

From your message, it does sound like the extension is having a hard time communicating with the 1Password app in order to unlock in the browser. Please try the following to help with that:

Turn on 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' in the 1Password app settings
    1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Click 1Password in the top left corner and select Settings.
    3. Under the General section ensure "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is checked.

Reset the connection between the app and extension
    1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

Let us know how that goes!

• Piper7
    Piper7
    Community Member

I'm not sure what you mean about the extension unless following your instructions IS testing the extension I followed your instructions and it didn't help. It is still a two-login process: menu bar and Safari toolbar; or dock and Safari toolbar, before it autofills. Thanks for working with me. Looking forward to your response.

• Piper7
    Piper7
    Community Member

Sorry that I missed your explanation on the extension in your opening comments. Short-term memory problem I guess.

• Hey @Piper7,

It sounds like 1Password in your browser may be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password desktop app.

Can you give your computer a complete restart and if this doesn't help send over the following:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Piper7
    Piper7
    Community Member

Steph, here is the number. Look forward to hearing from you. Restarting didn't help. Minor point, Safari>Preferences>Advanced rather than Safari>Settings...
    [#DCM-74662-995]

• Thank you @Piper7,

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.