Laptop used for 1password 7 WLAN sync died, how to sync iOS devices now?

Options
okdale
okdale
Community Member

I had an old MacBook Air that I used to sync all of my 1Password 7 devices, now that laptop seems to have died. How can I sync my devices now?

I’m fine upgrading to 1password 8, I just don’t want to loose any data as there is a divergence now between my iPhone and iPad 1password 7 vaults.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you go to 1PW8 you will have to subscribe. An old 1PW7 may be, and probably is in your case, licenced. You can change to a subscription, and I believe there are good pricing reductions for doing so.

Once you have moved over to a subscription, syncing is automatic. However, it does mean that passwords are stored in the cloud (though always available locally) which some people find unacceptable.

• Hi there @okdale

If you can send us an email to support+tradein@1password.com (including your license file for 1Password 7, if you can find it) we'll be able to help you upgrade to a 1Password membership so that you can sync your data. The team will be able to answer any of your questions you may have about moving to a 1Password membership, so please do ask in your email (or here). Hope we hear from you soon. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.