About the problem when Windows terminal uses ssh key

Options
Lycorisj
Lycorisj
Community Member

When I try to use the ssh key to establish an ssh connection in the windows terminal, 1password8 will present me with an approval dialog, but this dialog will always appear under the windows terminal, that is, it will not become the focus window, just like the picture in this way. Can it be improved so that this dialog always stays on top when it appears, or can I choose to cancel this step and just verify my 1password password or Windows PIN? Hope my request is answered.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22621.819
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:About the problem when Windows terminal uses ssh key

Comments

• Hello @Lycorisj,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles you've encountered with the approval dialog box not appearing as focused when trying to establish an SSH connection.

We have a similar issue filed with the development team and I wanted to confirm if this behaviour changes when the 1Password 8 app is not minimized?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

ref: dev/core/core#18489

• Lycorisj
    Lycorisj
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_mike_d ,

thank you for your reply.

I did some tests based on your guidance and here are the results:

When the main window of the 1password8 application is not minimized, the app main window will first appear above the windows terminal after I try to establish an ssh connection, and then the approval dialog will appear above the app main window. It works fine;
    When the app main window is minimized in the taskbar, the app main window will pop up, and then the previous situation is the same. It works fine;
    When the app main window is closed and only running in the background, the app main window doesn't appear and the approval dialog does, but it seems random whether it becomes the focused window or not, and I don't get any information about it.

• Hello again @Lycorisj,

Thanks so much for getting back to us with the results of your testing. I don't have any further news to share at this time, but I've passed these results along to the team by way of the filed issue. We appreciate your report of this behaviour!

ref: dev/core/core#18489

This discussion has been closed.