BUGGY performance with 1PW 8 and safari.

whackit
whackit
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I just "upgraded" from 1pw 7 to 8. After happily and successfully using this software for many years I finally gave in to the subscription model since I felt it was a good product that I use very frequently and I could support them. Since installing I have found the app to need constant babysitting. I often find that the option to fill in a password his not there and if I click on the browser icon I just get a white box with spinning icon. Sometimes a browser restart will fix this. Sometimes not. A reboot fixes. I also notice I am being asked to fill in my manual password WAY more than with 7. My password is long and annoying to type (as it should be) and I virtually never had to enter it with 7. I'm a pretty savvy user and can generally navigate my way through software issues. I'm experiencing the same sort of issues on both my laptop and work desktop. At this point this point I am incredibly frustrated with what I feel is a cash grab that's not delivering.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @whackit,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password for Safari. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.