How to stop window from jumping when I unlock

Options
akerl
akerl
Community Member

Here's my test case:

1. Have 1Password 8's (v8.9.10) main window open on the screen, placed anywhere other than the dead center
  2. Press the Quick Access keyboard shortcut
  3. The 1Password window jumps from wherever you put it to the middle of the screen
  4. Type your vault password
  5. The 1Password windows disappears and the Quick Access prompt appears

Expected behavior: At steps 3 and 5, the main window retains its placement and does not move/disappear.

Currently running on MacOS Ventura, but Monterey displayed the same behavior.

1Password Version: v8.9.10
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ N/A

Comments

• Hello @akerl! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustrating issue. I believe that you're seeing this behaviour due to how the unlock process currently works when you're unlocking either Quick Access or 1Password in the browser using an account password (as opposed to Touch ID). If you have 1Password 8's main window open in another area on your screen (or in the background), and 1Password is locked, then attempting to unlock 1Password in the browser or unlock Quick Access will do the following:

1. Bring 1Password 8's lock screen to the forefront of your screen.
    2. After you enter your account password, the main window will be closed and either Quick Access or 1Password in the browser will be brought to the forefront of your screen.

This issue doesn't occur if you use Touch ID to unlock the 1Password 8 app. While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I have added your comments to an internal work item that the development has open to investigate this further. I hope you can understand.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that you can consider using:

1. You could use Touch ID or Apple Watch unlock to unlock 1Password rather than typing your account password.
    2. You can configure auto-lock so that 1Password doesn't lock as often: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Thank you for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17554

This discussion has been closed.