Concealment for Passwords at the Point of Creation...

Options
chrischurch911
chrischurch911
Community Member

I use my Mac and iPhone in many places with surveillance on my job. No one would intentionally try to break my passwords unless it was easy. Like a screen where both password and username and sometimes URL are visible... oh, wait.

I have seen posts here from 2008 and 2011 that indicate the "conceal passwords" feature is in Settings->Security. Tried that in 1PW8, no joy. What am I missing? And if its just a stupid user trick on my part, is it available on iOS too (and if so, where?).

1Password Version: 8.8.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Ventura
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi there @chrischurch911

There's a toggle for always revealing concealed fields, in Settings > Security, shown here:

(It's also in Settings > Security on iOS.)

With the toggle turned OFF, concealed fields, such as password or card number won't be shown in full unless you click the 🔽 down arrow next to them, then Reveal.

With the toggle turned ON, all fields will be shown in full at all times.

When you talk about concealing passwords "at the point of creation", could you tell me a bit more about what you mean? Are you asking if 1Password can generate a password without showing you what it is, or something else? Let me know, and I'll be happy to help out where I can. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.