Double password reset fields - Am I doing something wrong?

BenjaminUK
BenjaminUK
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I've just had to reset my password on a website, 1p does a great job of suggesting a new password in the first field. Dialog pops up, prompts me to save new or update. All good 👍

But then when I click on the 2nd field 1p is suggesting another password. Should it be?
https://snipboard.io/YpGQoU.jpg

My solution is to open the 1p app, find the website, copy the password, return to browser and paste, is this the only way?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.11 (80911001)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi there @BenjaminUK

That wouldn't be the normal behaviour, no. Typically, 1Password would suggest you a new password in the "new password" field, and if you click it, it would autofill into both the "new password" and "confirm new password" fields.

Have you experienced this behaviour only on this website, or elsewhere as well? If you can let me know the address of the website, I can try testing it out at my end and see what's going on. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• BenjaminUK
    BenjaminUK
    Community Member

Hi Grey
    This is on https://www.currys.co.uk/
    If you use the Update password function on the Profile part of their website it works as expected, filling in both New and Confirm New
    If you do a Reset Password and click the link from the email they send, it does not work on the Reset your Password page.

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022

@BenjaminUK – I thought I recognised the font! I was between that and PC World (but hey, what's the difference now, right?).

We don't seem to have anything filed for that behaviour, so I'll gather some information from the website and if I can reproduce what you're seeing, I'll pass that info along to the right team. Thanks for taking the time to report it to us! :)

Update: I've confirmed the same behaviour that you reported, so I've filed an issue for our development team to take a look at.

ref: dev/core/core#19039

This discussion has been closed.