1P not syncing with Costco .app

Options
miltonBA
miltonBA
Community Member

Hi, I have down loaded the Costco.app but unable to set it up because 1password will not put in my username and password,
I don't think it's syncing over to my Iphone. 1password is unlocked on my iPhone when trying to setup the Costco .app.
All other .apps on my iPhone seem to be work fine.
I can log in on my Costco account on my Mac computer.
Cheers
Colin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @miltonBA

Check to see if you can find your Costco Login item in the main 1Password app on your iPhone. If so, it's syncing correctly, so we can move on.

When you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, you'll normally see one or more suggested items based on what you're doing. If you're not seeing a suggestion, this will usually be because the "website" field in the Login doesn't match the app's "Associated Domain" – that is, the website address which is claimed by that app for autofill purposes. For example, the Twitter app claims twitter.com as its Associated Domain, so that items matching that address are suggested automatically.

Here's what to try:

1. Open the app in question.
    2. Tap the Password field, then the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard.
    3. Check the "Suggestions For" header that appears in the autofill pop-up that appears.

If the "Suggestions For" header also includes a website address, that's the Associated Domain, and you should make sure that the "website" field of the Login matches this.

If the "Suggestions For" header just says "Suggested Items" with no address, then the Costco app's developers haven't set an Associated Domain, and you'll have to search for it each time, because neither iOS nor 1Password will know what to suggest. That would be something that only the app developers can fix, as it's part of how the app is written. In that case, I'd advise contacting them through the "App Support" link in their App Store listing to give them your feedback.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.