Can 1P please ignore code fields for 2FA via text?

siplhium
siplhium
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

For better or for worse, a lot of sites use, or offer to use, texting for 2FA codes. Is there some way to tell 1P to ignore these? The 1P icon is always there, and 1P is always offering suggestions. I want 1P to stay away from these fields; I just want to paste the code into the field without 1P getting in the way.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @siplhium,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

If 1Password is appearing in fields where you have to enter a code sent via text message then it sounds like it may be showing up incorrectly. Can you please point me at the website where this is occurring so we can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Here's one I use all of the time:

https://webbranch.uwcu.org/

and the page url containing the input:

https://webbranch.uwcu.org/VerifyU/Authenticate/SubmitCode

And here is the html for that form label & input (here's hoping this comment input supports markdown....):

<div class="input-group ptl">
                <label for="Code" class="input-label">Enter VerifyU Code:</label>
                <input autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" class="input-text narrow" data-val="true" data-val-length="*&amp;nbsp;Code must be 6 characters." data-val-length-max="6" data-val-length-min="6" data-val-requiredif="*&amp;nbsp;Required" data-val-requiredif-comparedvalue="Cipher" data-val-requiredif-datatype="String" data-val-requiredif-other="Method" data-val-requiredif-type="neq" id="Code" maxlength="6" name="Code" type="tel" value="" title="overall type: UNKNOWN_TYPE
    server type: NO_SERVER_DATA
    heuristic type: UNKNOWN_TYPE
    label: Enter VerifyU Code:
    parseable name: Code
    section: Code_0_109
    field signature: 4142884910
    form signature: 1668488516515053166
    form signature in host form: 1668488516515053166
    field frame token: 29FF128D4CE0C6DBB3696E970970265E
    form renderer id: 25
    field renderer id: 109
    autocomplete: off" autofill-information="overall type: UNKNOWN_TYPE
    server type: NO_SERVER_DATA
    heuristic type: UNKNOWN_TYPE
    label: Enter VerifyU Code:
    parseable name: Code
    section: Code_0_109
    field signature: 4142884910
    form signature: 1668488516515053166
    form signature in host form: 1668488516515053166
    field frame token: 29FF128D4CE0C6DBB3696E970970265E
    form renderer id: 25
    field renderer id: 109
    autocomplete: off" autofill-prediction="UNKNOWN_TYPE">
                <span class="field-validation-error" data-valmsg-for="Code" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span>
            </div>

• Hey @siplhium

Thank you for this, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you possibly send over the page structure using the steps below so we can file an issue with our development team so we can look to make improvements in a future update, here's how:

1. Navigate to the page with the filling issue.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

In the meantime, I know it's not ideal but hitting the ESC key on your keyboard will quickly dismiss this prompt from the 2FA field so you are able to fill the code received via text.

Thanks very much!

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Page structure sent. I do know about the escape key, but it gets pretty tiresome to have to keep hitting it. 1Password should be smart enough to know that a MFA code field does not need its help.

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Support Id number: [#NZQ-89216-936]

• I agree @siplhium, hopefully we can make future improvements so 1Password can better detect those fields.

Thank you for sharing the support ID, I apologise for the disruption.

This discussion has been closed.