Win 10 V8 App Crashes When I Try To Start It

Options
jwlent55
jwlent55
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Windows

Suddenly today my 1Password Win 10 desktop app started crashing when I try to start it. Here are some details (when I run in via the Command Prompt):

#

Fatal error in , line 0

Version mismatch between V8 binary and snapshot.

V8 binary version: 10.6.194.12-electron.0

Snapshot version: 10.6.194.23-electron.0

The snapshot consists of 727600 bytes and contains 3 context(s).

#
#
#

FailureMessage Object: 0000003C011FEC20

I have tried running it both from my standard user account and the Admin account. When I try to run it via the shortcut as Admin it asks for permission to make changes to my hard drive but when I select yes nothing happens and the app apparently crashes.

I considered trying to reinstall the V8 software but I could not first uninstall the current version. When I try yo uninstall it via the Settings app nothing happens when I select Uninstall.

Browser plugin and my iPhone app are still working.

1Password Version: 8.9.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• jwlent55
    jwlent55
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

This morning I again tried to launch 1Password. When that failed I again tried to uninstall the app via Settings. When that failed I attempted to install the latest version (text box definition of insanity). To my amazement it worked this time and I am now running 8.9.10.

• Hello @jwlent55,

I'm sorry for the delay in response over the weekend. I appreciate your update and letting us know that the latest version has now been installed and you are back up and running.

Should you run into similar future issues, could you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC and attach it to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Please do not post these details in the forums. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.