1Password (Mac) saying my Secret Key or password was recently changed

Options
kirsch
kirsch
Community Member

While using the 1Password application on the Mac I got a dialog saying:

"Your Secret Key or password was recently changed. Enter your new account details to continue."

The thing is I never changed the Secret Key nor the password so this is a bit alarming. What is going on?

About dialog:

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @kirsch! 👋

Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team investigate this further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I encountered this problem yesterday evening. I just sent an email.

• @jmb679

Your submission is here. I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: YGC-56968-376

• purpleantelope
    purpleantelope
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

This has also happened to me twice in the past week. I have sent an email to support@1password.com. Thank you.

• Thanks @purpleantelope

Did you receive a support id? I'd like to connect the dots if possible. Thanks.

• purpleantelope
    purpleantelope
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I think the support ID is in the email subject line and is #NXE-14952-175

• Thank you very much @purpleantelope

ref: NXE-14952-175

This discussion has been closed.