Cannot access 1Password in App but can in browser; new clean install of Mac OS 12.4

Options
prae
prae
Community Member

I cannot access my 1Password account in the app on a modern M1 Mac Studio. I can in a browser, but with the massively reduced functionality. The Mac is a new one with a clean install, there should be no previous versions of the 1Password app or databases. The only think I can think is that traffic to and from https://my.1password.com/ is different between a browser and the app setup function. The machine sits behind a tightly managed network that has a whitelist and blacklist domain list among many other 'feature' hidden from the worker. Is it possible that this is the issue (if the browser did not work, I would be certain this was the issue)? Can the app be made to register the 1Password database in a manner similar to regular http traffic?
Alternatively, could the multiple failed attempts have created a corrupt file somewhere that is blocking app set up even with the correct credentials. If so, where is it and how do I delete it? Any other thoughts?
Thanks

Philip

1Password Version: 8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @prae! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble adding your account to 1Password 8 for Mac. Can you tell me what specific error message you receive when you try to add your account? Can you also try the following steps:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click "Add your account directly" and allow your browser to open 1Password. You'll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your 1Password account password and click Sign In.

Do you receive the same error message?

The machine sits behind a tightly managed network that has a whitelist and blacklist domain list among many other 'feature' hidden from the worker.

If you can, make sure that the following aren't blocked: 1Password ports and domains

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• prae
    prae
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved. it appears 1Password 8 cannot handle proxies properly. 1Password 7 apparently handles them just fine. It was in the support files if I just asked google the correct question.

• @prae

Thank you for the reply. Were you able to add your account to 1Password 8? If you haven't then our developers are looking into how certain proxy edge cases may cause problems and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so that we can learn more about your situation:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.