How to Edit Auto Fill

MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I go to a page that contains a Email Field (such as https://help.vamedclaims.com/va-claims-ss/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=403242843=3&affid=2&msclkid=dbc51d16292812e851b87e880e0f8cfa) and put the cursor in the field.

The browser lets me use 1Password to bring up an email address. Unfortunately, the address it shows (x----x.1password@sent.com) is not the one I want to use. I have not been able to how to edit which address is shown for use, how to stop the address being used from being selected, how to stop 1password from autofilling Email, and so on. The same thing happens with Zip Code.

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.11 (80911019)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 3.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:How to edit autofill for Email

Comments

• Hi @MikeV99,

The information that you are seeing suggested here is coming from Identity Items saved within your 1Password. You can locate these by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then changing the drop down to 'Identities'. To Edit an Identity item click on the 3 dots in the right hand corner of the item and choose 'Edit'.

I hope this helps!

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Settings
    Lock
    Save Login
    Help
    Manage Extension
    Customize Toolbar

No 'Identities'

• Hi @MikeV99,

It sounds like you may be right clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar. Can you click on it and sign in to see your items? Once you have done this you should see a dropdown menu beneath the search bar.

Let me know how you get on.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I was signed in -- the list of items above is what I see on Mac (more on Windows).

• steph.giles
    edited December 2022

Hey @MikeV99

Below is a screenshot to demonstrate where you can locate your Identity items in your browser to find the information that is begin suggested:

If you are on a Mac, to open 1Password in your browser you will need to left click on the 1Password icon as seen in the right hand corner of my screenshot. I hope this helps!

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Those are just the Identities categories in 1PW. I have 4 items in there but none of them is the one that pops up. How can a category of an item be changed without deleting/archiving it?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MikeV99 it's not possible to change an item's category, as each item has their own unique template. It would not be able to change a login item to a bank account item, as they would not contain the same data or structure. You would simply have to create a new item from the correct category and then go from there.

As far as the unexpected suggestion goes, can you open the 1Password desktop app and do a search for the email address? Does that bring up anything?

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Joy_1P,

Yes, the email address is in my 1PW vault. I changed the item and now get a No Items to Show. Is it possible to stop the auto popup?

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MikeV99

If you'd like to turn off the autofill menu from showing automatically, here's how:

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section.
    3. Ensure 'Show autofill menu on field focus' is toggled Off.

I hope this helps! 🙂

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Thanks. I had it set that way.

This discussion has been closed.