1Password Does Not AutoFill on Ticketmaster Site

Options
pjdanderson
pjdanderson
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password autofill doesn't seem to work on the ticketmaster site. When I position my cursor in the userid field 1Password recognizes the site and shows my userid but when I click on it the userid field remains blank. This is the same for the password field. I've attached an image showing my attempt to fill in the password field. Clicking on the 1Password Login promote doesn't do anything. . Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:ticketmaster

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @pjdanderson !

Did you try to use the browser extension to fill out the credentials? Just click Autofill in the matching suggestion. There is the same problem on Epic Games Store, and here clicking Autofill in the browser extension works. Maybe this works in that case, too?

• pjdanderson
    pjdanderson
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that’s what I’m using. The browser extension is showing the 1password result (see attached screenshot) but when I click on it nothing happens and the password field remains blank.

• Hello @pjdanderson,

I can confirm that this is a known issue with this site. Our developers are currently working on this and I have added your voice to the internal ticket that we have for the issue. Hopefully there will be a fix in the future.

In the meantime, I recommend using the 1Password extension to Autofill your information as a workaround.

1. Open 1Password in the browser by clicking on the icon in the toolbar.
    2. Navigate to your Ticketmaster login and click on "Open and fill".
    3. This will auto fill your credentials.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Jermaine

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• pjdanderson
    pjdanderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. That works fine.

• Hello @pjdanderson,

You're most welcome. I'm glad that has been helpful.

Kind regards,

Jermaine Felix
    Customer Support @ 1Password
    https://support.1password.com/

• AJCxZ0
    AJCxZ0
    Community Member
    Options

@jermaine.f_1p Thank you for your advice on working around the unresolved issue. Attempting to follow your advice and seeing in the video that the URL is the auth.ticketmaster.com/as/... one found by clicking Sign In on the site, it's unclear what website URL needs to be added since the Javascript-generated URL created by the click is clearly both specific to the client and tokenised and none of the auth or identity sites appear to provide any useful responses outside the sign-in flow, and login is for a different service and the form is in a modal.

The good news is that while https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/login creates the modal, the form is populated upon clicking a field.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @AJCxZ0 if you go to https://www.ticketmaster.com, click Sign In, fill out your login info, and manually save it, the correct URL will be captured. I created a real account for the website, tested that, and did not have any problems with signing in via "open and fill".

That said, it's also possible if to sign in via "open and fill" with the URL https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/login. As you mentioned, that URL also creates the modal. I tested with the form from there and had no issues. I'd say it's safe to add that to your login. You can select to "open and fill" there.

I hope this provides some insight into the things you brought up. If there's anything I've missed, or if you have any further questions, please let us know.

• AJCxZ0
    AJCxZ0
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Thank you for the follow-up.
    Trying the method you suggested to see the actual URL saved, I followed your direct and referenced instructions to manually save the login from the Secure Accounts Widget page with the modal form. The result was a Login with website https://auth.ticketmaster.com which, as I mentioned, does not work with Open and fill as it opens the blank Modern Accounts Error Page.
    Since this method worked for you at some point but does not work for me now, something may have changed on the web site or some other factor may affect behaviour. In any case, there is a working method which folks who end up here can use.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AJCxZ0 that's strange. I'm curious, did you update your login or create a brand new one? Either way, there is a working method, like you said. I appreciate your efforts and time on this.

• AJCxZ0
    AJCxZ0
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P I created a new Login to test the process.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AJCxZ0 thanks for letting me know. I also created a new login to test the process after hearing from you yesterday. Open and fill still works on my end with the new login.

I'm not sure what's going on from your side, but there may be another factor at play, as you said. If you'd like to pursue this further, let me know. I appreciate the discussion, and I'll be here to help if you need it.

This discussion has been closed.