Turn off "No Items to Show" or "Save in 1Password" popups?

docbombay
docbombay
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I use 1P8 to log in to numerous websites (banking, credit cards, businesses, etc) and find this very convenient and easy in most cases. However, in certain circumstances once working within a website, I get annoying popups. One example would be if I am placing an order and ready to enter a credit card number, I get a "no items to show" message (image attached). I choose not to store credit card numbers in 1P8 at this time. Another example occurred when I was renewing my license plate online in my state's DOT website. I had to fill in multiple fields (e.g. name, address, phone, email, DL #, etc), and at every field, I got a similar popup asking "Save in 1Password?" These were extremely irritating as I choose not to store this information in 1P8, and the popups had to be individually closed to reveal the next field, which was obscured by the popup. Bottom line--the only items I store in 1P8 at this point are passwords, and I would like to be able to turn off these popups altogether for non-password items. But I have not been able to find a way to do so. Is there a way, and if so, how? Thank you for any help you can give me.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.1

Comments

• Hey @docbombay,

I'd like to understand a little bit more about the behaviour you are looking to achieve. Is there a reason you choose not to store non-password items in your 1Password? Can we improve 1Password to help you to use it to store all of your details in one place?

We do not currently have a way to disable the inline menu for specific item types but I would be happy to file a feature request once I have a better understanding of the trouble you are facing.

In the meantime I have a couple of workaround suggestions:

1. Press the ESC key or click on the 1Password icon within the field to quickly dismiss 1Password on these fields.
    2. Disable the inline menu altogether but this will also prevent it from appearing automatically on login forms. To do this you can right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose settings and then toggle off 'Show autofill menu on field focus'

I hope this helps!

• docbombay
    docbombay
    Community Member

I understand, and thank you very much for the explanation. At this point, I will go ahead and enter non-password items and give it a try. All I really wanted to do was keep the popups from obscuring the fields I was trying to fill in by typing. But since it is not possible to eliminate them without impairing the inline menu, I will try to use them to my advantage.

• Thanks for your understanding @docbombay, let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

This discussion has been closed.