How do you open main 1p app from the safari 1p extension?

Hi

On 1p7 I remember being able to open the 1p app from the safari extension, ever since 1p8 I can't find the shortcut in the browser extension.

Has it been removed?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @telUK, are you trying to unlock the 1Password 8 app while your Safari window is open or are you trying to bring up the already unlocked 1Password 8 app to review your items separately?

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

hi @Joy_1P

So safari 1p extension is unlocked, I just want to open the main app from within the extension. I remember being able to do this, its not a big deal I can just click on the app in my taskbar, just curious really if there is a way from within the safari extension.

• Hey @telUK,

There are a couple of options here:

1. You can open the 1Password app by clicking on the 1Password icon in the top menu bar or your Mac and choosing 'Open 1Password'
    2. Alternatively, if you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and then click on the 3 dots in the right hand corner of an item, you have the option to 'Open in a new window'. This will open your 1Password app.

I hope this helps!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

@steph.giles

Thank you, I was more curious than anything, Thanks again for pointing out where it was in extension.

• You're welcome @telUK, let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.