Can you please add expiration date to Credit Card "Save in 1Password" popup?

Nearly every website these days asks for expiration date when submitting credit card information. When 1Password offers to save my credit card info, it doesn't collect the expiration date. I then have to manually go in and add it afterwards, which kind of defeats the utility of the popup. I see that people have been requesting this feature since at least 2017 but it hasn't come to fruition yet - am I doing something wrong or did this just slip between the cracks?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @shafqat2013,

Do you mean if you manually type in your card details on a form and you click on the 'Save in 1Password' prompt to save those details as a new Credit Card?

If so can you let me know the page you were on when the expiry date did not save?

In addition, can you let me know if you are able to use 1Password to fill your Credit Card information as expected?

• shafqat2013
    shafqat2013
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

1) Yes. Screenshot attached!

2) It happens on any page that requires a credit card, I'm not sure what you mean.

3) Yes, I can fill pre-existing credit cards. I'm requesting the popup for new credit card input include Expiration Date.

• Thank you for getting back to me @shafqat2013.

The reason I ask which page in particular is because I have tried this out on our test website and the expiry date seemed to save as expected. Can you give it a try and let me know what happens for you?

1. Go to https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple
    2. Fill out your details (feel free to use test data) and select your expiry date
    3. Click 'Save in 1Password', give it a title and click 'Save'.

Did the expiry date save as you had set it?

• shafqat2013
    shafqat2013
    Community Member

Hi Steph, I think we might be talking about two different things. I'll try to address both.

My concern: The credit card entry popup (screenshot in previous post) is missing an expiration date field. I was requesting if an extra field for expiration date could please be added to the popup. Right now the only fields are name, type, card number and verification number.

Your concern (I think): If you pre-populate a website with expiration date, then go back to the credit card number field and click "Save in 1Password" and hit save, does expiration date get saved (even though its not visible in the popup).

No, it does not. Amazon.com, United.com, and numerous other websites have dropdown menus for expiration dates, and they do not get saved to 1Password for me when I pre-populate the field with my data.

Your test website IS saving the expiration date, but I went back and checked with Amazon.com, etc. and it seems to only work on your test website.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @shafqat2013 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to break things down and help clarify!

My concern: The credit card entry popup (screenshot in previous post) is missing an expiration date field. I was requesting if an extra field for expiration date could please be added to the popup. Right now the only fields are name, type, card number and verification number.

I've done some testing on my end, and I can see what you're talking about. I agree it would be useful to have the option to manually enter the expiration date, in an event where 1Password doesn't save it automatically. I've gone ahead and added this insight for our Product team to consider for future improvements. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having to go in and manually update it after.

Your concern (I think): If you pre-populate a website with expiration date, then go back to the credit card number field and click "Save in 1Password" and hit save, does expiration date get saved (even though its not visible in the popup).

It does look like we are having some trouble saving the expiration date properly on the sites you mentioned. I've created a couple reports to have our development team look into these a little more for a potential fix. If you come across any other sites, feel free to share those and we'll be happy to pass that along.

Thanks for your continued support of 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.