Amazon support for "Sign in with"

Options

Even if you can't automate the actual sign in, it would be helpful to be able to track sites that I've used my Amazon account as a single sign-on. For me in particular this is washingtonpost.com. I imagine that impacts many WaPo subscribers.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• cmckulka
    cmckulka
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to my comment. Even being able this entirely manually in the 1Password app (vs the extension) would be better than no support at all.

• Hey @cmckulka,

Thank you for your feedback I can definitely understand the value of adding Amazon as one of our supported SSO providers so I have passed your feedback on to our Product team to consider adding this functionality in a future update.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

ref: PB - 29496686

• cmckulka
    cmckulka
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• You're welcome @cmckulka, thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password.

• rbshawn
    rbshawn
    Community Member
    Options

I want to +1 this on the ability to link or acknowledge my entries that use Amazon.com as the login.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rbshawn, we do support Amazon for SSO logins now. Is there a specific site where you would expect to see the option to select Amazon for a SSO login but do not have it?

• iris1582
    iris1582
    Community Member
    Options

I need help with this as well. All my account info is saved in 1Password and I'm trying to create a new login entry for, say, goodreads.com. As I'm editing the login info, I select the "sign-in with" option but my Amazon account doesn't appear as an option in the dropdown menu. However, others like Google, Facebook, and Apple do appear.

How is 1Password determining which accounts can be used for the "sign-in with" option? Is there something I ned to add to my Amazon entry to get it to pick it up?

• Hey @iris1582,

I'm so sorry for any confusion here. You're right, Amazon isn't a 'Sign in with' provider yet which explains why you aren't seeing it as an option. These are our current supported providers: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers.

• iris1582
    iris1582
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @steph.giles, I guess the "sign in with" is considered federated identity management, not SSO. Is that how you distinguish the two? Either way, I'll keep an eye on the newsletter for updates that enable Amazon as an option. Cheers!

• You're welcome @iris1582, "Sign in with" allows you to save which identity provider you use for a website into 1Password.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime, I'll make a note to try and remember to update this thread if I have any updates on Amazon for you!

• jamiec
    jamiec
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Any ETA for Amazon "sign in with" support? Thank you.

• Hey @jamiec,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Whilst I can't give an accurate timeframe as to when support will be implemented I have added your vote to the internal request.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

ref: PB33016265

This discussion has been closed.