How to keep cursor from jumping to the top of the list in a vault.

Options
danielpepper
danielpepper
Community Member

I recently imported my >800 passwords from Keychain Access on my Mac into a shared vault in 1Password for Mac 8.9.11. I am now editing, deleting, starting at the top of the list to clean it up.
Unfortunately, if I save or delete a file, the cursor jumps to the very top of my hundreds of entries. Then each time I have to navigate down to where I was in my long task. 😱
I desperately want my cursor to stay where I was working. I'm only about 10% through my task, and finding my place again is getting to be increasingly more painful.

Thanks,

Daniel

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @danielpepper,

Welcome to 1Password and our Support Community! 🎉

I'm sorry to hear the post-import tidying isn't going as smoothly as we would hope. I wasn't able to reproduce a behaviour where the cursor moves after editing an item in the Mac app, though I did notice that deleting an item sends my back to the top of the item list. Could I confirm exactly what steps you're taking?

If it helps, feel free to share a screenshot as well, though be careful to obscure any personal information.

Looking forward to your reply and finding a solution with you. 🙂

• danielpepper
    danielpepper
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. It happens every time under two circumstances:
    (1). If I save an edit,
    (2) If I delete an entry.

I am editing or deleting every single one of my >800 imports! The edits include my adding info from the ‘notes’ sections of my Password Wallet which is the password manager I am leaving. The macOS Keychain Access only exports the url & the password.

Again, thank you.

Daniel
    Ps: I’m on the letter E, only 21 letters to go. But, each time I have to scroll down even farther.

• danielpepper
    danielpepper
    Community Member
    Options

If I edit but don’t click on ‘Save’ the cursor doesn’t jump up to the top. But, I worry that my edit might not be saved. And, if I want to check, I have to go to the top.
    And, speaking of going to the top, why doesn’t the item I just touched stay where it was? The app seems to put the most recently touched entry at the top. I would prefer to be able to leave it as an alphabetical list. Or, give me choices as to how I want to order the list. EG: alphabetical, reverse alphabetical, last viewed, grouped by keyword (alphabetical ordering of the keywords? And what if you have multiple keywords for entries.)

Down the 🐇 hole.

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

@danielpepper

It sounds like your items might be being sorted by Date Modified, rather than by Title. Click the Sort Options button at the top of the list and choose Title – Alphabetically, like this:

That way, they'll stay in alphabetical order, regardless of when they were last modified. Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

• danielpepper
    danielpepper
    Community Member
    Options

Grey,

DUH!! Yes, my column was sorting by ‘Date Modified.’ There is no bug. I changed to sort by ’Title’ alphabetically, and it works fine.

Thanks. This is close to the ‘Did you try restarting your computer?’ answer from tech support!

Now, back to my list.

Again, thank you,

Daniel

• Appreciate you updating this thread, @danielpepper, on behalf of Grey you're very welcome!

Let us know if we can help with anything in the future. 🙂

ref: PMZ-43226-423

This discussion has been closed.