Migrated 1Password 8 to New MacBook Air M2 On Ventura But Encountered An Issue

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

I set up a new MacBook Air M2 on the current Ventura release migrating from a 2013 MacBook Pro. 1PW 8 was moved over during the migration. When I tried to launch 1PW a notification popped up that I would have to download/install Rosetta for it to function on the new Mac. Is that actually necessary?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @pappjo! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into an issue with 1Password when migrating from your old Macbook Pro to your new Macbook Air. The old Macbook Pro would have had an Intel build of the 1Password app installed and, when you migrated, this Intel build would have tried to run on your new M2 Mac which requires Rosetta.

I recommend that you uninstall the current version of 1Password 8 on your Macbook Air and then install 1Password again so that the M2 Apple Silicon build can be properly installed (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click on the 1Password menubar icon and then click Quit.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thanks, I had actually deleted the app last night with plans to download it again from your site which I have now done with no issues. As it turns out I did have to install Rosetta for another 3rd party application that was an Intel version. Thanks for the reply, all good now!

• @pappjo

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.