I've been experiencing a problem with a password account,

mtsquad
mtsquad
Community Member

where even though I have the correct password on my app the website denies it is the correct web password until we can type the password in. I have had to change my password daily and the problem still persisting. Note: my present operating system is Windows 11 (but I'm not having this problem on any other website).

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:I've been experiencing a problem with a password account, where even though I have the correct password on my app the website denies it is the correct web password until we can type the password in

Comments

• Hi there @mtsquad

We do hear about some apps or websites doing this when autofilling, where they claim that no password has been entered when it has, or that the password is wrong when it isn't.

These apps or websites are usually watching for some "human activity" on the keyboard, which autofilling won't provide. Try this:

1. Autofill your details as normal.
    2. Add a character, such as a space, to the end of the password, and then delete it.
    3. Try signing in.

If that works, then simply adding and removing a character has satisfied the form that you're not a robot.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• mtsquad
    mtsquad
    Community Member

Thanks Grey!

• @mtsquad

You're welcome. We'll be here if you need anything. Happy holidays from all of us! 🎄⛄️

This discussion has been closed.