Truncate autofill page URL

Options
asportnoy
asportnoy
Community Member

While autofilling into an app, it had an incredibly long URL (Was like 3x my screen size). I had to scroll down though all of that to get to the list of logins. This should be truncated to 1 line (maybe 2) to prevent this from happening.

Comments

• Hey there @asportnoy

That URL is passed to 1Password from the app in question when you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, so it'll need to be reported to the app developer, rather than 1Password. It looks like it relates to an LG dryer, from what I can see in the URL. Could you let me know what specific app you were using so that we can test it? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi, this was the LG ThinQ app. I was autofilling within the "wifi password" step when it happened. You might not be able to test it since you need to be in the setup process to get there.

I've had the same issue in other apps before, though not as severe. Can't remember which though.

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

The text in the UI is rendered by 1Password, so I'd imagine you could just truncate the displayed URL after "n" characters/lines.

• @asportnoy

As far as I understand it, no part of that string is usable for the purposes of Password AutoFill. Our developers have looked into this and can confirm that this would need to be fixed by the app developer. The app is sending iOS that URL which is then passed on to 1Password itself, we only capture what iOS sends us.

I recommend reporting the issue to LG so that they can see why their app is sending that kind of URL to iOS Password AutoFill.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13544

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

I understand that you don't have control over the URL sent to you, but you do have control over the text displayed in the app. I don't care about the fact that I have to manually search for it, but I should not have to scroll through 3 pages of URL to get to my logins.

• @asportnoy

I can definitely understand how 1Password truncating that URL would be helpful and I can certainly pass that request along to our developers. However, I just tested the app on my iPhone and I'm not seeing the long URL that's in your screenshot. I'm seeing this instead:

SUGGESTIONS FOR LGACCOUNT.COM

I installed version 4.1.31120 of the LG ThinQ app, can you make sure that you're running that latest version as well?

-Dave

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, I'm on the latest.

The issue is only during the wifi password prompt, not the initial login page, so you won't be able to get there unless you have a device to set up.

This discussion has been closed.