To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Data Erasure after Account Lapse?

DHK
DHK
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Memberships

This is obviously not the best place to ask this question, but I happily switched from LastPass to 1Pass on the recommendation of a relative who was an employee at the time.. and have been quite pleased with 1Pass since then. However, anyone have any idea if once my LastPass account lapsed 5 years ago, would the data have been deleted?

A similar question would of course apply to 1Pass which I don't intend to leave... if the account lapses does the data eventually get erased?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @DHK

I can't speak for the LastPass situation, as you can imagine, but I can confirm how things work with 1Password.

Reactivate your subscription at any time to unfreeze your account and restore all functionality

— from our 1Password Support article, If your 1Password account is frozen (emphasis mine)

Should your 1Password account become frozen because of lapsed payment method, it'll be held in a read-only state. Then, if you resubscribe, your account is thawed and works just the same as before.

If you specifically delete your 1Password account, then this request will be carried out, but we don't delete frozen accounts.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member

Thanks, that parallels a similar comment I got on a LastPass Reddit Forum...

• @DHK – You're welcome! Let us know if you have any questions or need any help. :)

This discussion has been closed.