Separate pass phrase for encryption key in Startmail web portal

Options

Hello. I would like to know if it is possible to save a password which is different from the web app signin password, which is used to encrypt emails. The web app produces a pop up page that prompts for a pgp passphrase. I am not sure how to check to see what the name of the field is.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.16.2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

I would try to approach this issue with 2 login entries in 1Password: one login entry with the actual login credentials, and a second login entry with the passphrase. This way you are offered both entries for autofill and you can choose what you want.

In the recent beta/nightly updates, there may be even better support for this approach, because you can define better URL matching. If the web form that asks the encryption password has a distinct and identifyable URL, you can set the 1password entry for the encryption password to autofill on that exact url only, so it is offered only on that URL.

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi there @fyrmest

You can add an additional field to an existing item without knowing the field's name:

Save and fill passwords in your browser # If you need to save additional fields on a website

I would suggest that you autofill your username and password as normal, then when prompted for the GPG key, fill that field, but don't submit it. Right-click the 1Password icon in the toolbar of your browser and click Save Login.

If you can share the URL of the page in question, I'll be able to take a look and offer specific guidance. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• fyrmest
    fyrmest
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both @Tertius3 and @GreyM1P. I have tried @Tertius3's method and it works well. I will also try @GreyM1P's suggestion. Much obliged! Happy holidays!

• @fyrmest – You're very welcome! If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :) Happy holidays from all of us! 🎄⛄️

This discussion has been closed.