Wireless Router Wireless Network Password history

Options
thedean
thedean
Community Member

I would like to suggest an enhancement 1Password. I would like to see the Wireless router item allow the user to "View password history" for the Wireless Network Password, in the same way that the Login item allows the user to "View password history" for a login password.

See attached.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi @thedean,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and including a screenshot! I can absolutely see the benefit of making password history available across more item types. We have an open feature request on the very topic so I'll add your voice to that. I can't make any promises, but I do appreciate you letting us know it's something you'd like to see.

In case it helps in the meantime, it's possible to view item history on 1Password.com:

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1685

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

...and while you're at it, please consider adding 'website' and 'password' sections to the router entries that can be used for autofill duties. Currently we need to have a separate login entry in 1Password and then I get 'duplicate password' reports in Watchtower as the 2 items have the same data in them. I've tried adding these details into the router entry manually and removing the 'login' item but that doesn't seem to work with autofill.

I know there are workarounds to this, such as hitting ignore in the watchtower entry, or removing these sections from the router entry to avoid the clash but I'd prefer not to use workarounds and have a single, functional router item. 🤞🏼

• Hi @Ind3X,

Thanks for your feedback. I've added you to the earlier feature request regarding password history and have also logged a new one for login functionality within other item categories. I can't make any promises, but I see how it would be useful and appreciate you sharing your use case with us.

In the meantime, I recommend linking the two items so they can be easily accessed from each other: Link related items in 1Password

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: PB-29615529

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @andrew.l_1P ,

Thanks for registering the request. I appreciate that. As suggested, I am currently manually linking the items, but would still prefer a single autofill usable entry in the router section, I forgot to mention that in my post. That does give me an idea though, it would also be a better experience if 'linked' items didn't generate a watchtower report 🤔. I'd be happy with that as a fix to the issue.

Thanks.

• An interesting idea, @Ind3X!

There'd be some discussions to be had about other use cases for linking and if there are scenarios where folks might miss Watchtower alerts they actually wanted to see, but I do see how this would be helpful (especially in the workaround you're using).

I'll share this with the rest of the team so we can dig deeper, thanks for the suggestion! 🙂

ref: PB-29619036

This discussion has been closed.