Problem with Identity AutoFill Menu

Options

It seems that only identities with unique zip codes appear in the autofill menu. I have a billing and shipping address that I want as separate identities. They have the same zip code, but only one of them appears as an autofill choice. Is this a bug or is there something I am not doing correctly?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• SteveInOR
    SteveInOR
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed that the identity is only missing when I am clicked into the 'Address' field of a web page. If I select 'City' or 'Zip' I see both identities.

• Hey @SteveInOR,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having when filling addresses from your identity items. Can you start by letting me know if both addresses are saved within the same identity item? They will need to be saved in separate identity items in order to both show in suggestions.

Let me know if this helps!

• SteveInOR
    SteveInOR
    Community Member
    Options

The identities are separate items. They have different street addresses but have the same city, state and zip code. When I am clicked into a Street Address field on a form, only the first identity item is listed. If I am clicked into a city or zip code field, both identities appear.

• Thanks for getting back to me @SteveInOR, firstly I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year and apologise for my delayed response.

The behaviour you are seeing does definitely seem strange. If you go into the Edit view of each of the items in your 1Password is the street address added in exactly the same place?

In addition, can you visit our test website and let me know if you see the same behaviour: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple.

Let us know how you get on!

• SteveInOR
    SteveInOR
    Community Member
    Options

Happy New Year to you too.

In both items, the address is entered in the same place. This behavior is exactly the same on your Test Autofill page. I tested this on my Mac in Chrome and Firefox and get the same result. I tested on my PC in Chrome and Microsoft Edge and get the same result.

Here is a clue. In testing, I realized that 1Password does not have a separate second address line. In searching this forum, I found the suggestion to add the second line after the first line separated by a comma. With a comma and more text added to one of the Identities, both Identities are listed when clicked into the Street Address field and I think I see why. Your value list items are two lines; the line of text that corresponds to the field you are clicked into and a concatenation of the rest of the text of the address. When the concatenation is identical, like two street addresses in the same city, state and zip code, the values do not appear as separate items in the value list. But when the concatenation is different, like when two addresses have different zip codes or if they have the same city, state and zip but one address has a second address line, they are seen as unique values in the value list. Your problem lies in the code that is compiling the values to include (or not include) in the value list. When the concatenation is the same, the value list will only include the first item it finds even if the value that should appear as the first line of the value list choice is unique.

To test this theory, I made a third Identity. It was a duplicate of Identity 2 but with a different zip code. When clicked into the Street Address field, both Identity 2 and Identity 3 appear as choices in the value list (since the concatenation include different zip codes). When clicked into the Zip Code field however, only Identity 2 appears (since now the concatenations are the same since they don't include the zip code).

I hope this is enough information to fix this problem.

This discussion has been closed.