Browser App requiring login more often that it should

My1Passwords
My1Passwords
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

There must be a setting somewhere that's causing this issue. Hoping someone can help.

I'm on a MacBook with Safari. I've opened one password and gone to the security tab. I've selected autolock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users. It is set to lock after idle for 30 minutes.

The computer is not going idle for 30 minutes, nor screen saver, nor lock, sleep or switching users. However it asks for the password in the browser every so often. I can be working in the browser and between website and everything is fine but then all of a sudden it requires me to login to one password. I go in and out of a lot of websites all day long and this is getting really annoying. I do have it setup for fingerprint and Apple Watch so that is fairly convenient. It's just really frustrating when I'm in a hurry and trying to work quickly.

This started after the last major update. I can't imagine this is a new feature so I'm assuming there is some setting I am missing or don't understand that changed.

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @My1Passwords, it seems like the extension is losing its connection to the app at times. Could you try the following to see if it permanently resolves the issue?

Turn on 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' in the 1Password app settings
    1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Click 1Password in the top left corner and select Settings.
    3. Under the General section ensure "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is checked.

Reset the connection between the app and extension
    1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

If that works for a bit but the problem comes back, then please let us know. We can investigate further and help out from there.

This discussion has been closed.