Unable to add/edit web form details in current versions of 1Password

wez
wez
Community Member

The immediate problem I'm trying to solve is:

I have a number of Amcrest cameras which have this mess in their login form:

<input id="login_psw" type="text" maxlength="32" class="login-input u-input" style="-webkit-text-security: disc;">

1P doesn't know to fill those with my password.

For some reason, only one of the 1P items for my cameras has saved this in the web form details section, so it is the only one that I can autofill. The others, I have to open the entry in 1P and manually copy and paste the password.

I was surprised at how difficult it was to find and review these saved fields; it appears to have been removed from the UI and buried behind a hard to find setting, to the point where it looks like this feature is going to be removed. (https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/8wjamj/web_form_details_questions/)

Turning that option back on: 1P doesn't let me add fields to the entries that are missing it, either in the app or in the web interface on 1password.com.

This feels like the loss of a very useful feature; I no longer have a way to control how to autofill for this sort of cruddy web app without spending a bunch of time to write up a post like this. In the early days of my 1P usage, I used this feature all the time to flesh out my initial set of entries.

Please consider giving power back to the users for this sort of situation! I'd much rather self-serve a fix for this in < 1 minute on my own: it was one of the things that sold me on 1P originally.

1Password Version: 8.8.8
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Linux
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi there @wez

You can add additional fields to a 1Password item without having to manually edit the old web form details section:

Save and fill passwords in your browser # If you need to save additional fields on a website

tl;dr – Fill the form as it needs to be, but don't submit it. Right-click 1Password in the browser toolbar and click Save Login.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• wez
    wez
    Community Member

Thanks!

Right click isn't very discoverable; it would be great to make this a bit more prominent, but now I know!

Another piece of feedback I have is that for additional fields set via web form details or updated using this method, if they have the same content as the password, it would be good to conceal their contents in the same way that the password field is concealed to keep things a bit safer from shoulder surfing.

• GreyM1P
    edited December 2022

@wez – You're welcome! Right-clicking and choosing Save Login is luckily only needed when you need to save non-username/password fields into an item so it's pretty rare. I'll pass your feedback about it on to our team, and if you need anything from us, do let us know. :)

ref: 29652515

This discussion has been closed.