Markdown WYSIWYG Editor

Jermany
Jermany
Community Member

It would be nice to have a WYSIWYG editor in the notes section when typing in markdown, think like Obsidian. I would like to see this on all platforms, but I'm just noting it here since there wasn't a specific "feature request" forum that I could tell.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Jermany,

Thanks for your message. We don't have a specific feature request section for the 1Password Community, so posting here is great.

Currently, formatting your secure notes with Markdown is the best option. While I can't make any promises, I'd be happy to pass this suggestion along to the Product team for you. Would you mind providing some additional feedback?
    1. What would having a WYSIWYG editor help to solve?
    2. Can you provide some examples of how this could be used/implemented?
    3. How do you solve this problem now?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• Jermany
    Jermany
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    1. It would make it easier for casual markdown users to use markdown. It is not a markdown replacement, it's an editing tool.
    2. Look at how Obsidian displays markdown and you'll understand. Your devs should know what WYSIWYG is.
    3. I save the entry and look at what it looks like. Usually I get it right,but I don't know for sure until it's saved, and go back to edit mode if needed.
  • Hello again @Jermany,

Thanks for your quick reply. I've included your thoughts and details about this feature request (and Obsidian) to our Product team for consideration.

If you have any other concerns or further feedback to add, just let us know!

ref: 29725572

This discussion has been closed.