MacOS 1Password app showing a red cloud icon even when I'm online

Gizmotoy
Gizmotoy
Community Member

I'm having trouble with 1Password app on MacOS. It shows a red-cloud-with-a-line-through-it icon, which when hovered over says "Try to reconnect." If I click it, nothing happens. Changes in the app do not sync to the browser extension on the same device.

If I close the app and kill all associated process, then restart them, the app will not show the red icon for several minutes. That said, it's still doesn't actually sync contents either to the 1Password online service or to the browser extension. After a few minutes the red icon returns.

I have a 1Password for Families account, in case that matters.

Any ideas what is going on here?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:red cloud icon

Comments

• Hi @Gizmotoy

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. All indications here are that something on your computer or network are preventing the 1Password application and extension from communicating with 1Password.com.

A few things to check:

1. Are other devices on your network able to connect to 1Password and sync successfully?
    2. Are you using any outbound firewalls, such as Little Snitch, on this computer?
    3. Are you using any proxy or VPN services on this computer?
    4. In your web browser, are you able to access our web app at https://start.1password.com, sign in, and view your 1Password data using this computer?

Please let us know the answers to those questions — that will get us started in the troubleshooting process. Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.