Quickbooks Online rejects OTP generated by 1Password 8

Options
dkwhitney
dkwhitney
Community Member

When I sign in to my Quickbooks Online account with 1Password, everything works, until I get to the two-factor authorization step. When 1Password generates a OTP, QBO responds with "your verification code is invalid" and I have to have a code texted to me. This has been happening for the past three weeks--maybe longer. I've removed 2FA from my Intuit account and tried adding it again, but I still get the "invalid" message. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Two Factor Authorization

Comments

• Hi there @dkwhitney

In most cases, one-time passwords are rejected because the system clock is off by more than 30 seconds. Check your Mac's date and time by going to https://time.is/ and correct your clock if necessary.

If you find that all of your items except that Quickbooks one work as expected, it might be an idea to try asking Quickbooks for help. You could try using an alternative two-factor authentication app, such as Google Authenticator, to see if the problem happens there too.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• dkwhitney
    dkwhitney
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P,

Your hint was spot on! My Mac's time was not automatically synced to Apple's servers, and everything worked perfectly once I changed that setting. Thank you for the help!

-David

• On behalf of Grey you're very welcome, @dkwhitney!

Let us know if you have any questions in the future. 😊

This discussion has been closed.