Version 8 Loses Verification Code Pop-Up Access When Minimised On iPad

Options
Mycenius
Mycenius
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

I have discovered a new bug with version 8 (this wasn't an issue previously on version 7) - it appears to only affect iPad devices and not iPhones. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and an iPad Air 4 (both 2020 devices) that are fully up to date with O/S, patches, etc. I am running both v7 and v8 1Password apps on both (due to v8 having the PIN support arbitrarily removed) - this issue only appears to occur on iPad and ONLY with v8 with 2FA enabled. The scenario is:

1. Logging into 1Password Version 8 for the first time (or a subsequent occasion when a 2FA Code is required from your authenticator).
  2. After entering email and password the authenticator verification code pop-up box appears.
  3. You minimise the 1Password App/Login Screen to access your Authenticator (e.g. Google) and copy the current TOTP code displayed from it.
  4. When you return to 1Password v8 (maximise the app) the authenticator verification field/pop-up has disappeared and the app has hung in the 'logging in state' with log in button greyed out and spinning wheel icon present, but no way to reactivate the 2FA verification code field.
  5. Resolution is to close the entire app and start again - then you need to do 2FA Verification from a different device (or if you are fast enough memorise the authenticator code first and then complete the 1PW v8 login process inside the 30 second code expiry window).

Makes it difficult for someone with an iPad and v8 using 2FA if they don't have a second device with the 2FA authenticator on. This does not happen on my iPhone, nor on either device using 1Password v7. I have replicated it 3 times on my iPad to verify it wasn't a 'one off' anomaly.

For reference both devices have 1Password iOS App 8.9.7. iPhone has iOS 16.1.1 and iPad has iPadOS 16.1.1.

1Password Version: 8.9.7 (iOS)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iPadOS 16.1.1
Browser: n/a

This discussion has been closed.