1PW version not updating. Restarting when requested, but version still stuck at 8.9.8! Why?

Options
buddyowens
buddyowens
Community Member

IPW has been frequently telling me it will update when I restart which I do. But when I check the version number it will show me it's at 8.9.8. It says 8.9.11 is available and I click on Restart. It goes through the process and restarts, but still shows 8.9.8 as what is installed, and again advises me that 8.1.11 is available. It continually tells me it will update when I restart the application, but never moves beyond 8.9.8. Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1P not updating

Comments

• @buddyowes

Is your home user folder on a different drive? This would be the only reason I can think of for the failure. Please let me know and if needed I can can you added to our tracker for others who've experienced this behavior. That said, manually updating will often solve the trouble. You would need to download the full installer and run it to get the update. The updater would not work in this situation. If that's not the reason we may need to get you over to email support to look deeper.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question, if needed and the above is not applicable to your situation.

This discussion has been closed.