No 1Password for App Store login available

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
Today I added a subscription for an app.

• So I opened the app and clicked on the subscription button. Then I saw the popup from Apple where I have to double-click the side button to confirm.
  • Next I got a redirection because of my credit card. I was moved to a bank website for entering my TAN and SecureCode.
  • Next I was redirected back to App Store and it asked me to enter my password from App Store.

And here is my problem:

• There is no option to enter my password from 1Password
  • There is also no 1Password keyboard or similar available
  • There is no line above the keyboard which give me the option to enter my password from 1Password.
  • It is not possible to switch to 1Password to copy my password because this interrupt the App Store process and I have to start with opening the app and clicking on the subscription button again.
  • It is also not possible to copy the password first before I start the complete process because therefore I have to copy the password for the SecureCode (from the credit card process)

So at the end you need a 2nd device and enter one of both (SecureCode or App Store) password by hand. That's a pity!

Comments

• Hi @Philipp

Yes, it seems that Apple haven't allowed anything to autofill your Apple ID password, not even iCloud Keychain. As you mentioned, the only way to do it would be to copy and paste from 1Password into the App Store:

Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

However, as you also mentioned, that involves a fair bit of forward planning before starting the task at hand in the App Store. If Apple would allow autofilling of the Apple ID password in the App Store, that would help things along a bit. You can submit this feedback to Apple here:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help with 1Password. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.