Anyone experienced 1PW Extension blocking Paste function in Fields?

HI All, has anyone else experienced issues with the browser extensions preventing pasting into a field - in my case sometimes the 2nd Password Field when changing password, other times the Password Field when logging in. Several times now on different websites - 1PW Extension autofill's first field then fails to fill the second but also prevents CTL/CMD + V, Mouse Right Click, etc - so only way top fill second field is to type in manually.

I've also had a couple of other instances when I couldn't paste into a field that I strongly suspect was 1PW locking it as above (even though it had no data to autofill it with, e.g. an address field it had no value for for that field and/or website).

I've had it both on Windows and macOS too, the only common factor is 1PW extension installed and Brave Browser (Chromium based). Anyone else had anything similar?

1Password Version: Win 8.9.10 / Mac 8.9.11
Extension Version: (both) 2.5.1
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 21H2 / Monterey 12.4
Browser: Brave 1.46.144 (Chromium 108.0.5359.128)

Comments

• Hey @Mycenius,

Can you possible provide me with examples of websites you are seeing this behaviour on so I can do some investigation and best advise?

Thank you!

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles, absolutely - will monitor and post as they crop up - might be a few days or a week or 2 as they are very intermittent and sites that work okay will randomly not work one day then be fine again the next - so it's a very transient issue.

• Thanks for getting back to me @Mycenius, we will be here to help when you need it!

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member

Thanks @steph.giles - I have a related issue (which I think is similar to what others have reported) where 1Password wants to autofill a field and can't. It may be related to my issue in my OP above. This is another transient issue that happens periodically or randomly and often the same site works okay one day and then has the issue the next.

One example is Proton Mail and the sign on page for my mail account. The last 6 days I've had 2 days where autofill (incl. the TOTP code) have worked seamlessly and perfectly and the other 4 it correctly identifies the fields (see screenshot below) but just won't fill them no matter what I do (e.g. click on icon in the field, click on the extension button on the browser toolbar), and usually suppresses the 'drop down' box below the field where 1PW shows the entry it's matched to the URL. Oh and yes the URL is correctly matched between the page and what I have in my 1PW entry for that site. In this example I can copy the values from my main 1PW Desktop App in Windows 10 and paste them into the fields on the webpage (incl. the TOTP 2FA code). This is in Brave as per my OP above). I have not as yet tested for a prolonged period (week) in another browser like Firefox or Edge (nor in this case on my MacBook).

P.S. I did post this second issue with Protonmail example separately a few days ago, but that post seems to have gone missing in the ether - perhaps lost somewhere in a queue awaiting moderator approval... Originally I didn't think the 2 issues were likely connected but perhaps they are?

• Hey again @Mycenius,

I have done some testing on the Proton Mail site and I'm struggling to replicate the issue you are seeing. It's interesting that you say this only happens periodically, I wonder if there is a deeper issue. Can you let me know the steps you take fill? Do you always click on the inline menu suggestion beneath the fields or do you use a keyboard shortcut?

On an occasion where you run into the issue again it may be useful if you could grab some logs for us. Here's how: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.

If you could attach this to an email addresses to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread that would be really helpful.

Thank you!

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Thanks @steph.giles - will do (first week back at work so a bit hectic).

FWIW no I don't normally use a keyboard shortcut - I normally click the inline icon in the field. If that doesn't work I click the icon extension button in the browser to try and get the suggested list up to clink on the appropriate entry there. If that doesn't work I use the copy function for each field in the Windows (or macOS) desktop 1PW app (and paste each in turn into the field on the webpage).

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Mycenius - Thanks for the follow up and extra context. 🙂

I can certainly understand things being hectic first week back! I hope all is going well. Whenever you have a chance to send in the info @steph.giles requested we'd be happy to dig in a little closer. We really appreciate your patience and cooperation.

This discussion has been closed.